About This Event
5:00-9:00 PM Nibble & Network
• Browse information booths and hospitality suites hosted by an array of community organizations, labor unions and businesses!
• Groove to an eclectic mix of R&B, classic rock and soulful jazz by three great bands: Backbeat featuring GCDCC member Greg McKinney; The Greg Austin Combo; and Three to Get Ready with Katie McCrosky!
• Enjoy complimentary food and drink while you socialize with fellow Democrats!
• Bid on hundreds of Silent Auction items including gift certificates, jewelry, home décor, collectibles and more! To donate items, bring them to Democratic Headquarters, 1764 S. Fremont, or call 417-886-8980 by 5:00 PM Thursday, March 21.
To benefit programs of The Kitchen (including Rare Breed for homeless teens and Home At Last for homeless veterans), please bring easy-open food items and personal care products to Democratic HQ in advance or to the DoubleTree during the event.
8:00 AM Breakfast with MARK HORVIT, associate professor at University of Missouri School of Journalism, where he teaches investigative reporting and is director of the State Government Reporting Program. He previously served as executive director of Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE) and the National Institute for Computer-Assisted Reporting (NICAR), where he conducted training in investigative reporting and data journalism throughout the world. (Tickets: $30)
11:00 AM-noon and 2:00-4:00 PM - Join us for an array of enlightening and empowering presentations and activist training sessions.
* Noon Sponsors Lunch with Jackson County Prosecutor and our new MissouriDemocratic Party Chair, JEAN PETERS-BAKER, who will share her vision for building and unifying the state party to win elections in 2020! At Hickory Hills Country Club, 3909 E. Cherry.
* 5:00 PM Sponsors Cocktail Reception with banquet speakers and honored guests.
6:30 PM Democrat Days Banquet featuring keynote address by actor JACK LAUFER! Born in Israel to a German father and Hungarian mother, Jack majored in theatre at Missouri State University. His acting credits include dozens of roles in movies (Star Trek Into Darkness, Lost in Yonkers, Ghost in the Machine, The Man Who Captured Eichmann) and popular TV series (Masters of Sex, Mad Men, Huff, Crossing Jordan, The Practice and more).
Missouri State Auditor NICOLE GALLOWAY and Missouri State Representative and Minority Leader CRYSTAL QUADE also will speak. Catch the passion and commitment of Jack, Nicole, Crystal, and other inspiring speakers. And enjoy the chance to bid on celebrity and political memorabilia, gourmet gift baskets, and other unique items to be auctioned live!
Order your Banquet tickets today! ($60)
*Special sponsors-only activity (Sponsorship cost of $230 per person includes all meals and events.)