About this Event
Enjoy an enchanted nighttime walk through the woods featuring dynamic, nature-inspired lighting elements, and immersive soundscapes. Five distinct installations will bring the soul of the forest to life with light, sound, and sensory effects in a captivating, family-friendly experience. North Forest Lights will be open in the evening hours after sunset Friday through Sunday. Additional days may be offered later in the season.
New Safety Measures:
- To comply with the state of Arkansas mandate, staff and visitors ages 10 and older are required to wear face coverings except when eating or drinking. Masks are available upon entry for those who do not have one.
- North Forest Lights will be operating at a ⅓ capacity to ensure social distancing can be maintained. Sanitation stations, touchless ticket scanning for purchases, and new paths and queuing systems will further support social distancing.
- The Whispering Tree microphone will have single-use covers.
- New ticket booth location allows for more spacing when entering North Forest Lights, and visitors are encouraged to stay in their cars prior to start time and avoid gathering.
Crystal Bridges partnered with Montreal-based multimedia and entertainment studio Moment Factory to bring this concept to life. In 2020, Moment Factory won the mondo*dr "Americas Award" in the Parks & Attractions category for their work on North Forest Lights.
Walking through the Ozark woods, each encounter translates nature’s secret music and hidden communication into a symphony of light and sound. North Forest Lights invites people to reconnect with nature and art while making everyone feel part of it.
The five distinct installations that will come to life with light, sound, and special effects are:
- Crystal Grove – See the glowing language of young saplings, as they seem to communicate through shimmering crystal lights.
- Forest Frequencies – Channel the natural and human past as light and music connect you with the wavelengths of the Arkansas woods.
- The Hearth – Gather around a bonfire-like sculpture to immerse yourself in the warm glow and beating heart of nature.
- Whispering Tree – Communicate with a magnificent tree to learn about the color of your own voice.
- Memory of Water – Surround yourself in light and sound, as a simulated stream brings water back to this dry creek bed.
The forest is a natural setting with changing elevations, please watch your step.