About This Event
This class is Wednesdays from 4:30pm - 5:45pm and runs from 2/05/2020 - 4/29/2020 (No class on 4/1). It is for students, 10-13 years old.
Classes are $249 for one 12 week semester. Each class is 75 minutes long. That fee includes access to the video editing and screenwriting software we will be using. Beginners and intermediate students are welcome!
Classes will be at the Shewmaker Communications Center at Drury University which is located on the southwest corner of Central & Drury Ln. Parking is across the street on Drury Ln at Lot 1.
This class is all about students learning how to:
• Work as a team to help produce and act in each other's videos.
• Read and write scripts, edit video and audio to create short movies.
• Learn the different roles of filmmaking from writing, producing to directing, acting and editing.
• Create dramatic camera framing and effects, get good sound recordings and to understand basic lighting.
• Learn problem solving; reinforce creative and critical thinking in a supportive environment.
• Use a camera crane and other film making rigs.
• How to DIY movie making. You don't necessarily need thousands of dollars in equipment to have great results. Patience, creativity and hard work will do wonders.
• Be awesome! I mean, come on, we're making movies here!
Some of our short films will be chosen and screened at a local movie theater!
For any questions feel free to reach us at (417) 986-3286 or firstname.lastname@example.org