Missouri Veterans: Have you always wanted to start a business and are curious how to begin?
This free presentation is geared toward veterans interested in starting a new business in Missouri, but is open to all participants. The program, part of National Veterans Small Business Week 2018 will cover the following topics:
What do you need to be legal in Missouri?
Is all of that accounting paperwork really necessary?
- Forms of organization
- Where to register with the state?
- Do I need a Tax ID number?
- Do I need an Employer Identification Number?
How does someone get the funding?
- Why and how do I keep track of sales and expenses?
- Do I need to become a bookkeeper?
- Do I really need accounting software?
Do I really need insurance?
- What questions will the bank ask?
- What paperwork will the bank need?
- Is a bank my only option?
Insights from veteran, small business owners:
- Why can't I just use my personal insurance policies?
- What are the various types of insurance?
- What should be considered when determining insurance needs?
How do I bid on government contracts?
- What we wish we knew before we started?
- What are the three things everyone should consider?
- Would we start it all over again?
What SBA start-up resources are available for veterans?
- How do I find those opportunities to bid on?